This weekend went by so fast and I cannot believe that Christmas is in 3 short days. I hope you all have your holiday shopping done and can enjoy some downtime with your family and friends. This time of year, cooking needs to be easy because there's no time to do anything. This Quinoa Casserole dish is just that, and it's full of good carbs, protein, and tons of veggies. What makes it even easier is that it uses the remaining creamy cauliflower sauce (if you have any leftover) from the Mac N' Cheese recipe I recently posted. Sauce is already made, and the rest is just chopping and tossing it together. Done and done!
Quinoa Casserole with Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
- 1 cup of leftover cauliflower cheese sauce
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup baby tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh or canned, thawed if frozen)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 cooked chicken breast or 1 cup of shredded rotisserie chicken
- Avocado slices for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cook quinoa in broth according to directions.
3. While quinoa is cooking, dice tomatoes, thaw corn if using frozen, and shred chicken if you've cooked your own. This is also a good time to warm the leftover cauliflower sauce in the microwave - heat for 1 minute, stir, and heat for another 45 seconds.
4. In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, diced tomatoes, spinach, black beans, and corn. Pour warm cauliflower sauce over mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Pour into a 2 quart baking dish and sprinkle with extra cheese if you have some (I did!!).
6. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until warmed through.
This can be made vegetarian by removing the chicken and using vegetable broth. Enjoy!