Chia seed pudding is a staple in my breakfast rotation. I freaking love it. It's so easy to prep and full of protein and fat to keep you full through lunch. Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse - filled with omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, etc. I highly recommend adding these little seeds into your diet. It took me a bit of trial and error to create a recipe and ratio of liquid to yogurt to chia seeds that worked for me, but I finally found it! Adding the yogurt really thickens the pudding. I've included my basic Chia Seed Pudding recipe below, but you'll also find some variations on the original, like the Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding pictured here (I'm really into turmeric in EVERYTHING!):
- 2 Tbsp Nutiva Chia Seeds (or any chia seed brand you like)
- 1/3 cup full fat greek yogurt (I love Trader Joe's Brand)
- 1/2 cup of Califia Farms Almond Milk (any flavor will work well - I prefer use unsweetened vanilla in this basic recipe)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (added protein)
- Add all ingredients into a glass jar and stir until well combined (I like these jars).
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Chia seeds will thicken and plump so you will have a pudding consistency.
Serving Size: 1 • Calories: 316 • Carbohydrates: 17g • Fat: 19g • Protein: 20g
Pretty easy right? Here's a few variations that I really love if you'd like to try them out:
Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding - add 1/4 cup canned pumpkin + a dash of all spice + a dash of cinnamon
Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding - sub almond milk for 1/2 cup of Rebbl Golden Milk
Matcha Chia Seed Pudding - sub almond milk for 1/2 cup of Rebbl Matcha + 1/2 tsp of matcha powder
I love topping mine with a scoop of peanut butter, some berries, and Purely Elizabeth granola. You can also stir in some muesli or just top it with nuts and you're good to go!
Original: Serving Size: 1 • Calories: 267 • Carbohydrates: 15g • Fat: 15g • Protein: 19g
Pumpkin: Serving Size: 1 • Calories: 280 • Carbohydrates: 18g • Fat: 15g • Protein: 19g
Golden Milk: Serving Size: 1 • Calories: 289 • Carbohydrates: 18g • Fat: 16g • Protein: 18g
Matcha: Serving Size: 1 • Calories: 295 • Carbohydrates: 20g • Fat: 15g • Protein: 20g