Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
My recipe for 3-ingredient pancakes got me interested in the 2 and 3 ingredient cookie recipes that are out there. They sound too good to be true, but I had to give it a shot. I had about 10 bananas that were perfectly ripe, so yesterday was as good a time as any to put them to use. This recipe has a bit more than 3 ingredients - I wanted to add more nutrients and flavor, but still keep it easy with what I had on hand.
Clean Eating Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup gluten free Bob's Redmill Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 Tbsp. Bob's Redmill Flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. PB2
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/8 cup of chocolate chips (dairy free chocolate chips if recipe must be vegan)
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Mash bananas well in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine water and PB2 until peanut butter consistency forms.
4. Add oats, flaxseeds, PB2 mix, and walnuts to the bananas and mix until very well combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and drop dough in dollops. Cook for about 15-17 minutes.
I slathered some Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut PB on these and added a few to my banana ice cream (because you can never have enough banans, right?). It was delicious!! Enjoy!